[SR-Users] rtpengine with rejected re-invites to new RTP ports

Jeff Pyle jpyle at fidelityvoice.com
Thu Sep 25 18:05:32 CEST 2014

Hello,

Given the following scenario with Kamailio and rtpengine in the middle:

-  call establishes with G.711 RTP
-  b-leg re-invites to T.38, indicating a different port number then he is
using for G.711
-  a-leg refuses the re-invite with a 488
-  call continues using G.711 on original port numbers as if re-invite
never happened

Will Kamailio and rtpengine handle it?

Today I have a functional configuration with rtpproxy on another SIP
proxy.  It handles every scenario I have tried except this one.  rtpproxy
sees the new ports in the re-invite and adjusts its session accordingly.
If the re-invite is rejected, the old media ports are no longer valid
through rtpproxy, and the call fails.

Is there an approach I can take with Kamailio and rtpengine to allow this
scenario to succeed?

Regards,
Jeff