[SR-Users] User definable Ring Duration before forwarding

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Tue Sep 23 05:00:38 CEST 2014

On Mon, Sep 22, 2014 at 10:46 AM, Tim Chubb <tim.chubb at voicesimplified.com>
wrote:

> Hi
>

> I was wondering if the following scenario is possible and if it is how I
> would go about implementing it:
>

> I would like to be able read from a database a list of destinations
> associated with a given dialled number which are tried in order of priority
> with each destination having a user definable ring duration before the next
> destination is tried.
>
> i.e.
>
> A Call is received from the PSTN, the number the caller dialled is looked
> up, it has 3 destinations attached to it, the users deskphone which is
> configured to ring for 10 seconds before the call is forwarded to their
> Mobile phone with a ring duration of 15 seconds, which if unanswered would
> be redirected to the main switchboard IVR.
>

> I think im looking for the equivalent of the Asterisk Dial app, where you
> can specify a timeout as an argument, is this possible to do with
> kamailio?  All examples I have seen use a global timer value, which is
> unsuitable for this requirement, as each user could define n failover
> routes each with a distinct timeout before the next route is tried.
>

> Currently I have got as far as querying the database to retrieve the data
> but im a bit stumped as to how to handle the timeout variable.

Set fr_inv_timer_avp module parameter:

    modparam("tm", "fr_inv_timer_avp", "$avp(my_fr_inv_timer)")

Then put your database value into the avp. Tm module will time out after
that many milliseconds and call your failure_route, where you can try the
next destination or generate an error.

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.1.x/modules/tm.html#fr_inv_timer_avp

Corey