[SR-Users] Help to build a Kamailio SBC

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 12:00:51 CEST 2014

Hello,

On 12/09/14 14:49, [PRE s.r.l.] - Alex wrote:
> Hello,
> the situation is:
>
> client -> kamailio + rtproxy -> asterisk -> rtpproxy + kamailio ->
> other client
>
> the idea is that rtpproxy has to proxy the whole rtp traffic between
> asterisk or other media proxy and the client.
>
> the strange problem is that my client which is receiving the call
> (csipsimple or other one) views the call origination as it was
> originated by asterisk private ip (172.20.20.80) (the callid/contact
> is extension at 172.20.20.80 <mailto:extension at 172.20.20.80>).
> the correct behaviour is in my opinion that the call has to appear as
> it was originated by kamailio (extension at 151.xx.xx.xx
> <mailto:extension at 151.xx.xx.xx>)
>
> i'm using the dispatcher module to route the call from kamailio to
> asterisk.
kamailio being a proxy it does not changes caller/callee identification.
You have options in asterisk dialplan to set caller domain, and this is
the best way to do it.

In kamailio, you can do updates to caller id using uac module, but
again, it is better to do it in asterisk and let kamailio act as a proxy.

> Thank you for your help
>
> On 11 Sep 2014, at 12:46, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com
> <mailto:miconda at gmail.com>> wrote:
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> understanding the config file is going to take some time, so it is
>> unlikely many will have the spare time for it.
>>
>> You have to provide more specific details, like the sip trace (ngrep
>> on kamailio server sip ports) for the issue, presenting what are the
>> parties involved in sending and receiving, then what is wrong and
>> what should be there.
>>
>> Then we can eventually discover what is the part of the config
>> dealing with that and how can be fixed.
>>
>> Cheers,
>> Daniel
>>
>> On 11/09/14 00:55, [PRE s.r.l.] - Alex wrote:
>>> Hi to everyone,
>>> I’m trying to implement a SBC for my network based on Kamailio
>>>
>>> The base idea is putting Kamailio on a dual home machine (one public
>>> interface for clients and a private interface for media servers and
>>> database), using rtpproxy to handle the relaying from public to
>>> private network.
>>>
>>> The only problem I got is that called client get the call as it was
>>> originated by one of the media server (the call contact is some like
>>> ext at media.server.ip <mailto:ext at media.server.ip>), which is wrong in
>>> my opinion.
>>>
>>> Here it is the configuration,
>>> can you help me dealing with this?
>>
>> --
>> Daniel-Constantin Mierla
>> http://twitter.com/#!/miconda  -http://www.linkedin.com/in/miconda
>> Next Kamailio Advanced Trainings 2014 -http://www.asipto.com
>> Sep 22-25, Berlin, Germany

> Alex
> PRE s.r.l.
> Backbone Network Mission Control
> System Engineering&Architecture Task Force
> alex at presrl.net <mailto:alex at presrl.net>
> http://www.presrl.it
> +39 0971 471 430
> +39 388 150 6886
>

> Questo messaggio e i suoi allegati sono indirizzati esclusivamente
> alle persone indicate. La diffusione, copia o qualsiasi altra azione
> derivante dalla conoscenza di queste informazioni sono rigorosamente
> vietate. Qualora abbiate ricevuto questo documento per errore siete
> cortesemente pregati di darne immediata comunicazione al mittente e di
> provvedere alla sua distruzione, Grazie.
>
> /This e-mail and any attachments//is //confidential and may contain
> privileged information intended for the addressee(s) only.
> Dissemination, copying, printing or use by anybody else is
> unauthorised. If you are not the intended recipient, please delete
> this message and any attachments and advise the sender by return
> e-mail, Thanks./
>
> *Rispetta l'ambiente. Non stampare questa mail se non è necessario.*

Daniel-Constantin Mierla