[SR-Users] Kamailio reading an external configuration file from the main config.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Sep 17 09:20:36 CEST 2014

Hello,

On 16/09/14 16:49, parcerito12 at gmail.com wrote:
> Is  there any way that i can create a list of ips for kamailio to
> compare and do something, for example create an authorize list of ips
> on txt that it can read for each invite that i receive than check a
> variable against that list.
>
> for example do a search $si on the external text file and if match do
> something if it doesn't then continue the route downwards.
the permissions module has this functionality -- you need to store the
addresses in 'address' table in database. It hsould work with db_text as
well (or sqlite).

Then you can have the comparison done statically in kamailio.cfg, but
any change will require the restart.

Another options it to add the ips in a hash table, then you can
add/remove items in it via rpc/mi commands. See htable module.

> I am trying to create a list of banned ips but don't want to do it on
> the firewall since i want to log all the bad ips and added to the list
> and do something every time i receive a packed from any of the ips on
> the list.
> is that possible with kamailio , is there any module i can use to cook
> this configuration ?

This is possible, as said before, up to you what option -- look at
permissions+db_text(or db_sqlite) or htable.

> Thank you
>
> Julian

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Next Kamailio Advanced Trainings 2014 - http://www.asipto.com