[SR-Users] New..... / kickoff point to learn Kamailio

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Fri Sep 12 17:27:35 CEST 2014

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 3:35 PM, Poekel <poekel at destaken.nl> wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I am totally new/blank at kamailio and would like learn more but do not
> know where to start........
>
> I would like to build a voicemail platform with kamailio and Asterisk. (
> if i CAN use kamailio for this purpose)

Of critical importance is to understand that Kamailio itself won't do
voicemail. Kamailio does SIP. It's a proxy and not an end-point (UAC module
aside).

> Someone creates a mailbox in Asterisk realtime for example through a
> website.  I want to manage the voicemail boxes from one place (kamailio?)
> and route
> sip traffic to the voicemail boxes?
>
> Can i do that with kamailio ?

Check out Daniel's tutorial and go from there. Try to understand why it's
set up the way it is because there are other valid ways to do it, depending
on your needs.

http://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-4.0.x-asterisk-11.3.0-astdb

Corey