[SR-Users] Kamailio as a front end?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri Sep 5 15:25:44 CEST 2014

Hello,

yes, kamailio can be used as frontend and should be no problem
implementing what you need.

As a remark, if you forward REGISTER requests, you should use PATH (see
path module) in case you need that requests pass through kamailio. This
requires that the registrar supports PATH extension as well. For dialog
requests, you should use record_route().

A starting point could be the example from dispatcher module is quite
close to what you need, see:
- http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/stable/modules/dispatcher.html#idp1885888

You would need to decide how to select the dispatcher group (set) id for
routing. That could be done using mtree if you select the next hop based
on a number (e.g., dialed number). If it is alpha-numeric based
selection, maybe htable or dialplan are good options.