[SR-Users] nat_traversal vs nathelper for mediaproxy

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Sep 4 09:52:23 CEST 2014

On 22/08/14 04:37, Satish Patel wrote:
> I am planing to implement mediaproxy so which NAT module will be good
> for media proxy and why?
>
> should i use nat_traversal ro nathelper ?  I haven't see any example
> people using nat_traversa. most of example i found on google are based
> on nathelper so just want to make sure which one i should use and why?
rtpproxy was the first and did all the time a good job, so it was kept
as part of default kamailio configuration. Most of the people start from it.

The alternative I would consider these days is rtpengine (see also
rtpengine module in devel of kamailio), because it can do gatewaying
between classic sip phones and webrtc endpoints.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Next Kamailio Advanced Trainings 2014 - http://www.asipto.com
Sep 22-25, Berlin, Germany