[SR-Users] an issue on terminating dialog for kamailio 4.2.x

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 10:55:40 CET 2014

Hello,

the problem is that the callee is behind the nat but you don't handle
the 200ok properly in order to update the contact address. The contact
address stays like 192.168..., which cannot be routed by kamailio when
it appears in R-URI of ACK and BYE.

Be sure you do nat traversal logic for replies.

On 28/10/14 06:05, qw wrote:
> hi,
>
> I install kamailio 4.2.x on centos 6.5 via 'yum'. One endpoint called
> another, where one dialog is created, and caller and callee can talk
> with each other. But when the caller hangup the phone(i.e. send bye to
> the callee), the callee can't receive the bye message, and the dialog
> can't be terminated normally.
>
> I have captured the packets via wireshark, and uploaded kamailio.cfg
> and the captured files as attachment.
>
> In the captured file, PRACK and BYE message can be sent to kamailio
> server successfully, but kamailio server doesn't forward the two
> messages to the callee.
>
> Why PRACK and BYE message can't be sent to the callee?
>
> Looking forward to your help!
>
> B.R.
>
> Andrew

Daniel-Constantin Mierla