[SR-Users] Kamailio for ARM with rtpproxy-ng

Richard Fuchs rfuchs at sipwise.com
Mon Oct 27 15:17:01 CET 2014

On 10/27/14 06:57, Marino Mileti wrote:
> Richard Fuchs wrote
>> Interesting. I'm not sure why this is required for this value, but hey,
>> if it works... Let me know if you run into any more trouble.
>
> Bad news..the __attribute__((packed)) modification allows only the kernel to
> fixup the alignment trap but it still exist and i don't know if this can be
> a problem during calls..
>
> Do you have some suggest in order to fix this issue?

Unfortunately my understanding of ARM alignment restrictions is very
limited, in fact so limited that I don't understand why this particular
instruction even is a problem to begin with. My only suggestions would
be to either declare the entire struct as packed, or try adding some gcc
flags to the makefile (-munaligned-access or -mno-unaligned-access,
apparently it depends on what kind of kernel you're running), recompile
the entire source and see if that fixes anything. Other than that, I'm
at a loss.

cheers