[SR-Users] How to setup Kamailio as P-CSCF/S-CSCF/I-CSCF

Kamal Palei palei.kamal at gmail.com
Mon Oct 27 12:21:42 CET 2014

Thanks Muhammad Shahzad,

There is a step for P-CSCF install in above ng-voice site

cd /etc/kamailio
mv kamailio.cfg kamailio.cfg.dist
ln -s pcscf.cfg kamailio.cfg

First here, we are moving kamailio.cfg to kamailio.cfg.dist

Then we are executing

ln -s pcscf.cfg kamailio.cfg

Here I believe pcscf.cfg is not existing in current path, but we are trying
to link.

I am confused here.., kindly can you help me to understand.

I see one pcscf.cfg is there in path
*/usr/local/src/kamailio-4.2.0/examples/pcscf/pcscf.cfg*

Shall I copy that file and keep in /etc/kamailio path.

And while executing PCSCF it needs both pcscf.cfg or kamailio.cfg,
something like kamailio.cfg includes pcscf.cfg.

Can somebody pls clarify
1. Do I need only kamailio.cfg
2. Or both kamailio.cfg and pcscf.cfg
3. Shall I copy pcscf.cfg from path
*/usr/local/src/kamailio-4.2.0/examples/pcscf/ to /etc/kamailio path ?*

Thanks
kamal