[SR-Users] How do I configure this thing?

Nolan Darilek nolan at thewordnerd.info
Fri Oct 24 19:21:26 CEST 2014

On 10/24/2014 11:59 AM, Alex Balashov wrote:

> At the moment, the only real answer, besides commercial training, is
> the upcoming Kamailio Admin book put out by ASIPTO. But, of course,
> strides are being made to improve the documentation and make it more
> accessible to a wider audience, especially of new users. Believe me,
> it's better than it used to be.

Cool, I don't object to paying for a book, especially if it's available
electronically. Is there a rough cut or some other preview out? At the
moment, unless I'm missing something, I need something like Kamailio to
launch a project I'm working on. Unfortunately I don't have the budget
for commercial training, but a book would certainly work.

> It's just that most of us have jobs and have to make a living, on top
> of doing development and debugging of the software itself, so
> inevitably this kind of stuff takes a back seat to the day-to-day.
> There are lots of ambitious documentation efforts that have been
> consigned to the realm of dreams deferred and ambitions unrealised.
>
> Patience, and don't get frustrated or discouraged. Just tinker, and
> ask on the lists until it starts to make sense. :-)

OK, can do. Thanks for being welcoming, and I'm glad to know that I'm
not missing any obvious documentation.