[SR-Users] Kamailio + RTPEngine behind NAT (STUN Handling)

Marko Seidenglanz marko.seidenglanz at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 18:34:10 CEST 2014

Hello,

We want to use Kamailio (4.2) + RTPEngine (3.3) behind NAT. Unfortunately
the STUN Messages (Binding Requests) sent from remote peer (Google Chrome )
do not arrive at RTPEngine host.

I think they get blocked by the firewall. RTPEngine itself does not send
any STUN Messages until it get's the first message from the remote peer as
Google Chrome has the "active" role in DTLS Agreement.

Is there a way to tell RTPEngine to open the ports for remote peer, so that
the messages arrive?

When RTPEngine is not behind NAT, everything works as expected.

Kind regards,
Marko