[SR-Users] Problem initiating a call with dlg_bridge

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Oct 23 16:39:10 CEST 2014

Hello,

what should be happen, is the following:

- invite from controller to first parameter (caller of desired call)
- after 200ok comes from 'caller', kamailio sends REFER to it pointing
to the second parameter (callee of desired call) and then BYE, getting
out of the initial call
- after getting the REFER, caller should send a new INVITE to callee

You can run with debug=3 to see what happens. In kamailio config is
nothing special needed, just allow traffic from kamailio to go back to
kamailio.

On 23/10/14 15:57, Paul Smith wrote:
> I seem to be going round in circles… I am trying to use dlg_bridge()
> from the dialog module to establish a call between two SIP endpoints.
>  I have tested with Snom phones and linphone soft phone with the same
> result.
>
> I get an outbound call to the first (from) end point, I answer the
> phone…  and then nothing obvious happens.
>
> I can get this same result when using kamcmd or from within the
> kamailio.cfg.  For example using kamcmd:
>
> kamcmd dlg.bridge_dlg sip:105 at mykamailioip sip:106 at mykamailioip
> sip:mykamailioip:5060
>
> I expected this to send an invite from "controller" via my KamailioIP
> to my registered local subscriber 105 (from), and then send a
> re-invite to 105 so that 105 creates a call leg to 106 (to).
>
> The kamailio.cfg is pretty much the default.  I am running 4.2 and
> rtpengine to proxy the RTP streams.
>
> Not sure if it is necessary or useful but I call setflag() at the
> start of the request_route() to set the Dialog flag.  What else should
> I have included in the kamailio.cfg to make this work?
>
> Also is there any way to control the SDP in the initial invite from
> dlg_bridge.  By default I see RTP/AVP, with alaw and ulaw…. I’d like
> to offer RTP/SAVP swell or instead of RTP/AVP.
>
> Thanks

Daniel-Constantin Mierla