[SR-Users] Registrar module and local paths

Frank Carmickle frank at carmickle.com
Wed Oct 15 16:47:03 CEST 2014

On Oct 15, 2014, at 10:40 AM, Ben Langfeld <ben at langfeld.me> wrote:

> On 15 October 2014 11:32, Juha Heinanen <jh at tutpro.com> wrote:
> Ben Langfeld writes:
>
> > I figure at this point it may be simpler to separate the registrar and the
> > proxy rather than attempt to debug this further, though if you have any
> > other suggestions to avoid that I'd love to hear them.
>
> one possibility is that both of your combined proxy/registrars have
> their own location tables and you forward registrations from one to the
> other.
>
> The problem with that is horizontal scalability brings noise. If I have 10 of these things, the SIP replication alone would be flooding the network.

If you are running in an environment where you can use multicast it might be an option for you.  Multicast the registrations from the edge proxy to the registrar cluster.  If not maybe you can get the registrars to replicate to each other on a separate interface from the interface facing the edge proxy.

--FC