[SR-Users] Registrar module and local paths

Ben Langfeld ben at langfeld.co.uk
Wed Oct 15 14:19:48 CEST 2014

> Em 15/10/2014, às 07:18, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> escreveu:
>
> Hello,
>
>> On 14/10/14 23:56, Ben Langfeld wrote:
>> Hello everyone. I'm having a problem with registrations and Path and hope that someone can help.
>>
>> I have a Kamailio instance which is both a WebSocket proxy and a registrar which has the following behaviour:
>>
>> * A REGISTER with a Path header already on it gets recorded in the location table.
>>
>> * I use add_path() on all incoming REGISTERs, and a REGISTER relayed to another registrar reaches that registrar with a Path header added appropriately.
>>
>> Unfortunately, save("location") ignores the path added by add_path(). I'd prefer to keep the proxy and registrar co-located for the short term. Does anyone know if/how I might be able to have the Path header properly stored in the case that it was added by add_path()?
> if you have the registrar as first hop from client, then you don't need to save path. save(location) and lookup(location) shout take care of everything. Just be sure you set the nat flag and use fix_nated_register() also for traffic coming via websocket.

Unfortunately it's not that simple. I have two or more instances of this combined proxy/registrar and usrloc in dbmode 3 so they can share location data without SIP level replication. A web socket UA on one proxy would need to use the path to reach a we socket UA on the other proxy, else it looks locally for the socket and fails.