[SR-Users] Best way to handle 100 but no 180/183?

Tobias the_fx at hotmail.com
Thu Oct 9 22:18:48 CEST 2014

Hi again,
Maybe I was to quick on my previous mail, after some more searching I found a very similar question:http://lists.sip-router.org/pipermail/sr-users/2012-November/075497.html
I guess this is still the way to go?
Thanks,/Tobias

From: the_fx at hotmail.com
To: sr-users at lists.sip-router.org
Date: Thu, 9 Oct 2014 21:29:30 +0200
Subject: [SR-Users] Best way to handle 100 but no 180/183?

Dear Kamailio users,
I have an issue with some upstream carriers quickly replying with 100 Trying but then basically times out.
I'm looking for a good solution to distinguish between the 100 reply and any other replies, and alter the timeout values. My goal is to be able to re-route calls where the 180/183 is not received within a few seconds, and if the 180/183 is received I'd like to give the call a much longer timeout.
I realize there is a "fr_inv_timer" that would do this, but I would not like to set that to low since I fear it would affect many other call types, i.e. if a carrier would send 183 once but for some reason does not resend on regular intervals.
I'm on Kamailio 4.1 and my current settings are:fr_timer : 2000fr_inv_timer : 120000restart_fr_on_each_reply : 1
The only solution I can think of is to update the fr_inv_timer in an on_reply-route if the reply code is 180/183 but I'm not sure that would even work? Is that the way to go or is there another way?
Thanks in advance!/Tobias