[SR-Users] Kamailio as pass through proxy?

Daniel Tryba daniel at pocos.nl
Thu Nov 27 17:04:48 CET 2014

On Thursday 27 November 2014 08:29:51 Rizwan Khan wrote:
> We want to use Kamailio as the pass-thru proxy in front of the SBC just to
> receive the request on a random port, and then forward the request to the
> SBC internally being on the same private network.
>
> What would be the best way to do it?

If it is the best is up to the experts, but a way to do is to check wheter the
source is the SBC or not. If the message is from the SBC just handle it
statefully (t_relay), if it isn't from the SBC set the requested domain to the
ipaddr of the SBC (10.1.2.3) and process stateful. You could use the received
port instead if external clients only communicate on the special port
($Rp!=6334)

kamailio.cfg:

#...
port=5060