[SR-Users] host undefined

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon Nov 24 11:52:01 CET 2014

On 24 Nov 2014, at 11:45, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 21/11/14 18:01, Olle E. Johansson wrote:
>>
>> On 21 Nov 2014, at 14:02, Daniel-Constantin Mierla <miconda at gmail.com> wrote:
>>
>>> Check if you route properly the OPTIONS requests that could be sent by Asterisk -- if they are not answered, asterisk is unregistering the user. Watch the network traffic to view what happens.
>> Asterisk never unregisters anything...
>> This device has no Qualify, it's "unmonitored", so Asterisk is not sending OPTIONS.
>>
>> Just a quick note...
>
> thanks for clarifications - not having much insight of Asterisk, the remark was because he reported that after some time, then host becomes undefined. I know that asterisk is removing records from its location table if options are not replied with 200ok -- when/why/how it does it, it's not on my table.
That's news to me - chan_sip doesn't do that. I can't say how the new sip channel reacts, but removing a contact that way would be dangerous, unless you are using outbound, which I haven't seen support of.

What Asterisk chan_sip does is keeping the contact, but not sending calls to it until it starts responding again - regardless of the response code. Any code, including 404 and 503 is ok.

> Are there any other situations when asterisk would update a location record?
As far as I know only REGISTER transactions modify location records.

/O