[SR-Users] Kamailio creates tons of REDIRECT packages...

Arnau Riba myprideintheclouds at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 21:17:38 CET 2014

Hello! I'm having this issue and I'm not able to solve it. I have searched
it many times on the Internet but I found nothing, that's why I am asking
here... I'm sorry I do not wanna cause any troubles but I need to get this
done...

This is my scenario, I want to make a call through a Kamailio server that
redirects to another server. I have an User A registered to Server A and a
User B registered to Server B, what I want to do is the following:

User A calls User B using Server A, because Server A doesn't have the User
B the Server A will redirect to Server B and make the call. I'm using Ekiga
and of course Kamailio (and I want to make it work both ways).

This is the code I'm using to do this in kamailio.cfg, I replaced this
lines of code:

*$avp(oexten) = $rU;    if (!lookup("location")) {        $var(rc) =
$rc;        route(TOVOICEMAIL);        t_newtran();        switch
($var(rc)) {            case -1:            case -3:
send_reply("404", "Not Found");                exit;            case -2:
            send_reply("405", "Method Not Allowed");
exit;        }    }*

For this ones:

*$avp(oexten) = $rU;    if (!lookup("location")) {
sl_send_reply("300",("REDIRECT"));
rewritehostport("10.80.129.177");      forward(uri:host,uri:port);
break;      }*

And it didn't work, then I putted the lines above as the following:

*$avp(oexten) = $rU;    if (!lookup("location")) {      *

* forward(uri:host,uri:port);      rewritehostport("10.80.129.177");*

*      sl_send_reply("300",("REDIRECT"));            break;      }*

And it worked but if I do a Wireshark Capture on the Server I get a lot of
REDIRECT packets and my teacher says this is wrong, that I should only get
1. He did not help me and said I must learn and I want but I'm not able to
understand what's going on, I need to do this because I want to pass the
exam and not to fail...

Again I'm sorry for taking your time, I'm asshamed.

Thank you very much