[SR-Users] how to check if reply is retransmission?

Alex Hermann alex at speakup.nl
Thu Nov 13 14:35:43 CET 2014

On Thursday 13 November 2014, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> I read about INVITE server transactions in rfc3261 and looks like the
> transaction can stay in Completed state (i.e, absorbing 200 OKs) at
> least 32 seconds.  It means that the via branch hash table must in a
> busy proxy be quite large.

I don't think it adds much overhead.

Another possibility is to keep state in the transaction, via a flag or avp.

I also use $T_reply_last (tmx module) to check if the current response has a
different (or same) code as the last response. Maybe you can use that?

> Since the same info must be available
> somewhere in the depths of tm module, would it be better if someone
> with tm knowledge would write a function to access it?

I don't think tm recognises a retransmitted reply. It remembers the last reply
and it does notice that a reply has already been sent (locally or forwarded).
--
Greetings,

Alex Hermann