[SR-Users] topoh and uac_replace_from()

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Thu Nov 13 06:47:39 CET 2014

Daniel,

On 11/12/2014 11:29 PM, Daniel-Constantin Mierla wrote:

> Topoh should not affect From header -- it updates Via, Record-Route,
> Route, Contact and R-URI.
>
> Thus not sure what is the issue you try to address. Can you elaborate
> with examples?

Yeah, you're right. I didn't realise that it doesn't update From--I
assumed it does. So, when I left my uac_replace_from() call in there, I
assumed that it was undoing what topoh was changing, whereas this is
not, in fact, the case.

In any case, the goal was full topology concealment in SIP headers,
including the From header. The solution, in my case, is:

#!subst "/TOPOLOGY_HIDING_HOST/172.30.110.4/"
modparam("topoh", "mask_ip", "TOPOLOGY_HIDING_HOST")
#!ifdef WITH_TOPOLOGY_HIDING
         uac_replace_from("sip:$xavp(call=>src)@TOPOLOGY_HIDING_HOST");
#!else
         uac_replace_from("sip:$xavp(call=>src)@$fd");