[SR-Users] how to check if reply is retransmission?

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 13:27:10 CET 2014

On 06/11/14 09:44, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Alex Hermann writes:
>
>> I don't think there is a built-in for that. I ended up storing the Via branch
>> parameter of the reply in a htable.
> thanks for your reply.  i'll then just call rtpengine_answer again and
> hope that it will notice that it is a recall.
Indeed it is no function in config to detect if a reply was
retransmitted. Alex's suggestions could be a way.

But, iirc, some of the retransmitted replies have to be just forwarded
and for them, the rtp proxy needs to be engaged again in order to update
the sdp. The rtpproxy (and expect the same from rtpengine) handles it
properly, because it detects existing session by call id and tags.

Daniel-Constantin Mierla
Kamailio Advanced Training, Nov 24-27, Berlin - http://www.asipto.com