[SR-Users] Asterisk Integration w Kamailio and Zoiper phone problems

Brian Watson bwats9999 at gmail.com
Wed May 21 20:47:22 CEST 2014

Hi,
   I have a virtual environment setup and am trying to get the integration
of Kamailio and Asterisk to a least be able to make a phone call based off
the Asterisk Hello World example. I do the following:

1. I'm running Ubuntu 14.04 and Oracle Virtual Box
2. I Integrate Kamailio and Asterisk based off of the asipto kb:

http://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-4.0.x-asterisk-11.3.0-astdb
with both of them running on the same VM.
3. I've modified sip.conf and extensions.conf to have entries that tie
together phones 101 and 102
3. I start asterisk with "asterisk" and "asterisk -rvvvvvv"
4. I install and setup the Zoiper Softphone as indicated in the tutorial.
https://wiki.asterisk.org/wiki/display/AST/Hello+World
5.  In Zoiper I hardcode the Domain: xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:5080 and also enter
the username and password.
6. I'm doing all of this without access to an internet connection so that's
why I hardcode the IP address.
7. After setting of the Zoiper softphone I try to get it to communicate
with Asterisk, but I get a 408 request timeout.

Any ideas as to what might be wrong?

Thanks,
   Brian