[SR-Users] uri parameter value case sensitiveness

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Fri May 16 20:35:29 CEST 2014

On 16/05/14 20:26, Juha Heinanen wrote:
> Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:
>
>> Thanks for this information, clear with comparison. However, more
>> specific to what I am looking for:
>>
>> If I add in INVITE:
>>
>> Record-Route: <sip:1.2.3.4;abc=XYZ>
>>
>> Is allowed to the other party to set next header in BYE?
>>
>> Route: <sip:1.2.3.4;abc=xyz>
> my interpretation is that that is allowed, because abc=xyz is uri
> parameter and "comparison of all other components of the URI
> is case-insensitive unless explicitly defined otherwise".
As abc is custom parameter, not something standard, I wonder how the UA
know if it is a case or not of an "explicitly defined otherwise".

I expected that UA has to take them and copy when they need to preserve
a value, such as Record-Route body becomes Route body.

Perhaps it is a case requiring lawyers and a judge for a final, obeying
decision -- or better I should ask on sip-implementors, hoping for one
of the SIP RFC authors to clarify it.