[SR-Users] Wrong Via and RR header added in UDP2TCP scenario

Sebastian Damm damm at sipgate.de
Tue May 13 17:17:39 CEST 2014

Hi Alex,

On Tue, May 13, 2014 at 4:39 PM, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com>wrote:

> Have a look at replacing your record_route() call with
> record_route_preset():
>
>    http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.1.x/modules/rr.html#idp114624
>
> As for the advertised address more generally, i.e. in Via, have a look at
> this core parameter:
>
>    http://www.kamailio.org/wiki/cookbooks/4.1.x/core#advertised_address

Thanks. I just added the advertised_address parameter as a test, now
Kamailio puts the external IP into Via and RR, but still uses the port
15060 from the other socket.

However, the docs say:
"If empty or not set (default value) the socket address from where the
request will be sent is used."

This is what I would expect, but this is not what's happening. It uses a
different socket for the Via and RR header than it actually uses for
sending the request out.

I worked around this problem by placing the listen line for the unused TCP
connection after the used one, and now it looks a lot better. But I still
think, that the Via and RR headers should never differ from the actually
used socket, when not using the set_advertised_address function.

Best Regards,
Sebastian