[SR-Users] Starting Kamailio with init script

VOIP Tests kamailio.fs at gmail.com
Thu May 8 14:46:22 CEST 2014

Hello, can someone let me know how I can start Kamailio with the init
script? In the /etc/default/kamailio file I have commented
out RUN_KAMAILIO=yes, this starts  Kamailio but my phones do not register.
If I stop the init script and start kamailio with kamctl then my phones
register, what am I doing wrong here?

Also, if my understanding is correct, if I start Kamailio with the init
script I should not start kamailio with kamctl, in that case how do I run
the kamctl commands, for eg like kamctl ul show ?

Thanks for the help.

Arun