[SR-Users] How to enable TLS compression

liu rixin liurixin at linxun.com
Tue May 6 17:48:22 CEST 2014

hi, all.

After study the source code of kamailio, I found that:
If a more higher openssl was adopted,

#if OPENSSL_VERSION_NUMBER >= 0x00908000L

then, within function init_tls_compression(), it (kamailio) will read conf parameter :

cfg_get(tls, tls_cfg, disable_compression)

but, this method was called with  mod_register --> tls_pre_init --> init_tls_compression,
when , the mod_init() was not invoked, and , the invocation:
  cfg_get(tls, tls_cfg, disable_compression)
always return 1 , what was the default value.
thus, if a new brand openssl was adopted, the compression was always disabled.
It sound like a bug?

btw: I know TLS with compression was not a good idea, but i had to try this solution for some business  cause.

thanks all very much.

rixin liu