[SR-Users] SIP over TLS

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon May 5 10:02:11 CEST 2014

On 05 May 2014, at 09:58, aawaise <owaisulhaq at hotmail.com> wrote:

> Hello,
> I am running a kamailio server with SIPS over TLS. Now I have to connect an
> android based SIP client to server. The SIP client has no support for SIPS
> over TLS. But it can run SIP over TLS. First I want to know the difference
> between the two  ??

SIP over TLS is what you want to do. The SIPS: url scheme is mostly deprecated and
too complex for anyone to bother with. SIP over TLS use the SIP: uri scheme.

> Secondly how can I make my server accept SIP connection over TLS ?
You said that you where running "SIPS over TLS" in your kamailio today. It's no difference
from a kamailio point of view, really. Activate the TLS module, listen to port 5061 with TLS.

/O