[SR-Users] Active Users in Kamailio

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Mon May 5 08:43:22 CEST 2014

On 05 May 2014, at 06:21, <sam at dsmedia.com.sg> <sam at dsmedia.com.sg> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thanks for your reply. I have installed Siremis.
>
> When I login, sometimes the username is not shown in location table. I checked in Siremis and in the Kamalio Table too.

What is a "username" for you?

> Moreover, when I logout the location , the username still appears in Location.
What is "login" and "logout" for you?

SIP devices REGISTER for a limited period of time. A few softphones de-REGISTER when you shut them down, but otherwise, the registration stays active until expiry, regardless of their network connection state.

Phones that follow new standards like SIP outbound can be said to have a "login" state that depends on the
availability of at least one open IP network flow, but very few phones have implemented that. This is very much
like XMPP that has a state that depends on their network availability as a base for "login"/"logout" states.

What you see in the location table is the state of registrations. If you want to save something else than the basics - contact, addresses and From: URI, like the authentication username, you can do that but will have to add it to your configuration.

Cheers,
/O