[SR-Users] Forward copy of Register information to FreeSWITCH

Richard Brady rnbrady at gmail.com
Fri Mar 28 19:48:28 CET 2014

Hi Alexandr

On 28 March 2014 15:36, Alexandr Usov <blessendor at gmail.com> wrote:

> I am already have some practice to integrate Kamailio with Asterisk, when
> all users creates and registers in Kamailio, and calls go to/from Asterisk
> with static "host=kamailio_ip" settings for each user on Asterisk side.
>
> I can't (don't know - how to) use in same way integration with FreeSWITCH.

You could just set <param name="outbound-proxy" value="kamailio_ip"/> in
the SIP profile which would send ALL calls via Kamailio.

> Can't create in FS directory structure a user with "host=kamailio_ip", FS
> require registration.

For each user add:

  <param name="dial-string" value="sofia/internal/${dialed_user}@kamailio_ip
"/>

This replaces the default "dial-string". See more details here:
http://wiki.freeswitch.org/wiki/XML_User_Directory_Guide#Dial_String

> Maybe I can register user on Kamailio and send additional registration
> request to FS with src ip changed to kamailio (lan ip)?

This can also work. Both Kamailio and FS support RFC 3327 and the Path
header which can we used to tell FS to send calls for the user via
Kamailio.

Note these are 3 separate solutions, you should probably only do one.

Regards,
Richard