[SR-Users] How to turn on debugging in kamailio?

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Mar 28 07:55:22 CET 2014

On 27 Mar 2014, at 21:31, mark li <limark67 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> Olle
> I've added some debug statements using the XLOG function like so:
>
> xlog("L_INFO", "my custom message");
>
> but none of my debug statements appear in syslog.  I don't get any errors either when I restart kamailio.
> any suggestion?
> I am loading the module in kamailio.cfg... I see a line that says "loadmodule xlog.so"
> and i've also added a modparam for the log like so:
> modparam("xlog", "buf_size", 8192)

Start kamailio in the foreground with "-D 1 -E" and you'll see the log messages on your console if Kamailio runs. If you haven't got a listen address in the config, you might want to add a "-l <param>" to force kamailio to listen to the right IP address (replace <param> with a listen address, run "kamailio -h" for docs).

/O