[SR-Users] extend subscriber profile

Olle E. Johansson oej at edvina.net
Fri Mar 21 07:58:05 CET 2014

On 21 Mar 2014, at 00:40, Alex Balashov <abalashov at evaristesys.com> wrote:

> On 03/20/2014 07:38 PM, Mihai Marin wrote:
>
>> What is the best way to consume those info from client (ex: chrome)?
>> Adding them as headers in the REGISTER response?
>
> Yeah, probably.
>
>> How would I do with avatar which is binary?
>
> You could include it as a payload in some response, but I think it'd be wiser to simply deal in URL references that pull an avatar image from somewhere else.

There's a header for that. From RFC 3261:

20.9 Call-Info

   The Call-Info header field provides additional information about the
   caller or callee, depending on whether it is found in a request or
   response.  The purpose of the URI is described by the "purpose"
   parameter.  The "icon" parameter designates an image suitable as an
   iconic representation of the caller or callee.  The "info" parameter
   describes the caller or callee in general, for example, through a web
   page.  The "card" parameter provides a business card, for example, in
   vCard [
36] or LDIF [37
] formats.  Additional tokens can be registered
   using IANA and the procedures in
Section 27.

/O