[SR-Users] Legacy Cisco 7945 and 7960 Handset Integration with Kamailio

Jonathan Hunter hunterj91 at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 19 20:29:56 CET 2014

Hi Guys,
Hope your all well?
Apologies for the post, however I wondered if anyone had successfully integrated Cisco 7945/7960 handsets running SIP firmware with Kamailio?
I appreciate these handsets have some issues, whereby they expect responses on port 5060, even though they initiate transactions from a dynamic port, I just  wondered if anyone had a working model or some pointers they could share?
As we are pondering a VPN connection to remove NAT, however Id like to consider other alternatives before then.
Many thanks
Jon