[SR-Users] Ugrade Kamailio 4.0.2 to 4.1.2

Helena Garcia-Nieto helena.gnieto at morodo.co.uk
Wed Mar 19 14:08:11 CET 2014

Hi!

I am not used to manage the software upgrade and I would like to have a more detailed explanation… I've searched in the web and in the mailing list but I need a more step-by-step explanation for newbie that what I found.

I downloaded the kamailio version 4.0.1 some time ago (http://www.kamailio.org/pub/kamailio/latest/src/) when it was latest release. I untar it on /opt/kamailio-4.0.2 and did make FLAVOUR=kamailio include_modules="db_mysql " cfg, Make all and make install.

Now I would like to upgrade to the 4.1.2 version but I am not sure how.

When you say: " just replace the binaries." What do you mean? Should I delete the /opt/kamailio-4.0.2 folder and untar the (http://www.kamailio.org/pub/kamailio/latest/src/) on a new /opt/kamailio-4.1.2 and make again?

Should I remove anything else? I have modified the config file, and the kamctlrc to use mysql as dbengine.

Then after making it should I execute the sql script for adapting the db? And then connecting it by modifying the config file?

I am sorry if that seems a really silly question but I'd appreciate a really step by step guide help!

Thanks in advanced

Helena