[SR-Users] alias behaving differently than droute

Corey Edwards tensai at zmonkey.org
Sat Mar 15 04:58:46 CET 2014

On Fri, Mar 14, 2014 at 5:13 PM, Pete Ashdown <pashdown at xmission.com> wrote:

> After starting to paste the kamailio.cfg snippets, I noticed I was using
> route(SIPOUT) instead of route(RELAY) for the aliases.  Switching it to
> RELAY fixed it.  What is the difference between the two?  Does SIPOUT
> only work for devices registered with Kamailio?

Assuming you haven't changed the default config, SIPOUT only handles
routing to foreign domains:

# Routing to foreign domains
route[SIPOUT] {
   if (!uri==myself)
   {
      append_hf("P-hint: outbound\r\n");
      route(RELAY);
   }
}

If your alias is still a local URI, SIPOUT would just ignore the message
and exit the block.

Corey