[SR-Users] help with SIP Notify message, to make a endpoint (SPA504G and similar) to reboot.

Pedro Niño nino.pedro at gmail.com
Thu Mar 13 23:55:56 CET 2014

Indeed, of course that way works, but I am pretty sure that Kamailio can
intercept and give the right response.

Right now what would be needed is to make a complete SIP Notify with the
according digest, using the password picked from the database, and send it
back. The answer would be a 200 'OK' .

Will keep trying, don't like to leave that back door open at the phones...
 On Thu, Mar 13, 2014 at 8:26 AM, Pedro Niño <nino.pedro at gmail.com> wrote:

> The other (ugly) option, is to remove the auth from the phone, for the Sip
> Provisioning, but that would leave and open door to a reboot attack without
> auth needed from any IP. And I dont like that option.

This might not be as bad of an option as you think. If the SPA is behind a
stateful firewall then that firewall should allow the NOTIFY from the
registrar due to the REGISTER and NAT keep-alive packets opening the
firewall, but disallow SIP from any other source. I would recommend
verifying that before you deploy it though as I haven't tested it myself.

Corey