[SR-Users] Endpoint registration tracking and reporting

Nick Raper nick at 4dt.co.za
Thu Mar 13 09:25:02 CET 2014

Hi all,

What is the best way to monitor endpoint registrations?

When one of our clients has a link failure or for some reason they lose their SIP registration with Kamailio, we'd like to be able to see this so that we can respond and get the trunk re-registered.

We do monitor the physical links but endpoints, (usually Asterisk based), often don't re-register after connectivity is restored.

I was thinking of a script that dumps the 'location' table every 10 minutes and compares it to the previous 'location' table dump and reports on the changes.

Is there a better way of doing this?

Regards,

Nick Raper
4th Dimension Technology | South Africa
Office: +27 21 506 6260 | 24 hour helpline: +27 21 506 6260 | Fax: +27 86 610 5792
Email: nick at 4dt.co.za<mailto:nick at 4dt.co.za> | Web: www.4dt.co.za<http://www.4dt.co.za/>