[SR-Users] Bizarre dialog profile tracking behaviour

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Wed Mar 12 09:27:06 CET 2014

On 11/03/14 18:44, Alex Balashov wrote:
> We appear to have fixed this problem by calling dlg_manage() before
> doing any set_dlg_profile() manipulations.
>
> The documentation is not clear on whether dlg_manage() needs to be
> called first before doing this. But it makes me wonder: if
> dlg_manage() is prerequisite, then why would the profile manipulation
> work at all beforehand?

Should work both ways. But I said in previous email, for the second
invite, the dialog might be found in memory and reused. In that case it
might not get the new profile for local static lists... so I guess that
a set_dlg_profile() before dlg_manage() doesn't find dialog shortcut
(which probably is set by dlg_manage()) and will add to local static
lists. When the dlg_manage() is executed, first looks for the dialog and
finds it, then don't create a new one. When creating a new structure,
the code is looking to local static lists and add the dialog in those
profiles. Code has to be checked, though, only my guess here.

Kamailio World Conference - April 2-4, 2014, Berlin, Germany
http://www.kamailioworld.com