[SR-Users] Kamailio Proxy for Freeswitch

Daniel-Constantin Mierla miconda at gmail.com
Mon Mar 10 09:06:52 CET 2014

Hello,

why you need to hide the ip in the contact if it is in sdp? You don't
really achieve topology hiding with it.

If you use record_route()/loose_route() in kamailio, the sip packets
related to active calls should come always to kamailio and kamailio will
forward them to freeswitch.

On 09/03/14 10:04, jay binks wrote:
> So im using Kamailio as a load balancer and proxy in-front of a few
> Freeswitch boxes.
>
> Im not going to use RTP Proxy, as my FS boxes will be public on the
> internet ( Direct RTP connection is fine ).
>
> I want ALL SIP to go via Kamailio, but the issue im running into is
> that the SIP Contact header has the FS IP address in it in some cases.
> ( 180's etc )
>
> Every bit of documentation I can find about re-writing the Contact
> header is geared around NAT, and thats not what im trying to do here..
>
> Can anyone give some pointers on how to basically topology hide the FS
> boxes on the SIP front but leave their IP in the SDP.
>
> im going to have the firewalls setup so the SIP Can ONLY come from
> kamailio, so its quite important I get this all right.
>
> Any pointers would be appreciated.
>
> Thanks
>
> Jay

Kamailio World Conference - April 2-4, 2014, Berlin, Germany
http://www.kamailioworld.com