[SR-Users] Fail Safe Environment for kamailio

Owais ul Haq owaisulhaq at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 6 05:40:55 CET 2014

Hello,

Guys, I need some help. I am tasked to deploy "Fail
Safe Architecture" for already running Kamailio Server in our
organization. Presently one Kamailio Server is serving the cause with one
internet connection and database on MySQL running on Windows 2008 Server R2(which
is attached to kamailio server on other LAN card).

Now the requirement is  to deploy redundancy for internet connection
and kamailio server. Like they want two kamailio servers running parallel, so
if one fails, other will automatically take over and service will be available
to users without any obstruction. At any cost, my organization want to
absolutely minimize any possible blackout.

To further elaborate my point. Here is the network we want.
2 incoming internet connections to 2 kamailio servers. Both attached to a
single database placed at the backend. Now is it possible ?? If not what are
constraints ?? What workaround is possible ?? I seriously need help as it is
matter of job. Thanking in advance for help.
P.S : kamailio server is running of Fedora machine in our environment.

Cheers.