[SR-Users] Incorrect Contact address

Marc Soda msoda at coredial.com
Wed Mar 5 20:24:59 CET 2014

Yeah, I think I'm dealing with a buggy client...

Thanks all.

On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 1:57 PM, Carlos Ruiz Díaz
<carlos.ruizdiaz at gmail.com>wrote:

> Why is erroneous to have the contact header with the backend IP?
>
> With the record-route on the 200 Ok, the ACK should be directed to the
> backend IP, but containing a route header pointing to the Kamailio IP.
> Kamailio will loose_route() this request and send it to the backend server
> as expected.
>
> Regards,
>

> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 3:53 PM, Marc Soda <msoda at coredial.com> wrote:
>
>> Thanks Olle.  I am calling record_record() on the initial INVITE.  In
>> fact, the OK has a Record-Route header:
>>
>> 1.1.1.1 is the endpoint
>> 2.2.2.2 is the kamailio proxy
>> 3.3.3.3 is the backend server
>>
>> SIP/2.0 200 OK
>> Via: SIP/2.0/UDP 1.1.1.1:60077
>> ;rport=46110;branch=z9hG4bK-d8754z-eb9768c7e3a2d1e7-1---d8754z-
>> Record-Route: <sip:2.2.2.2;lr=on;ftag=db634167;nat=yes>
>> From: <sip:sip7878_spqa at edge.domain.com;transport=UDP>;tag=db634167
>> To: <sip:2155555555 at edge.coredial.com;transport=UDP>;tag=as3f9cf263
>> Call-ID: MzI5YTA3YmRkNzFiZjhhZTRkNTc2OGE1ZTc5ZjdjMmM.
>> CSeq: 2 INVITE
>>
>> v=0
>> o=root 13486 13487 IN IP4 3.3.3.3
>> s=session
>> c=IN IP4 3.3.3.3
>> t=0 0
>> m=audio 29990 RTP/AVP 0 8 101
>> a=rtpmap:0 PCMU/8000
>> a=rtpmap:8 PCMA/8000
>> a=rtpmap:101 telephone-event/8000
>> a=fmtp:101 0-16
>> a=silenceSupp:off - - - -
>> a=ptime:20
>> a=sendrecv
>>
>> I don't think 3.3.3.3 should show up anywhere, it should be rewritten to
>> 2.2.2.2.
>>

>> On Wed, Mar 5, 2014 at 1:34 PM, Olle E. Johansson <oej at edvina.net> wrote:
>>

>>> On 05 Mar 2014, at 18:30, Marc Soda <msoda at coredial.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> I have Kamailio setup as a proxy in front of a backend server
>>> (Asterisk).  When I make a call through the proxy, the Contact header in
>>> the 200 OK that is returned to the client has the IP of the backend server
>>> in it.  Thus, the client is sending it's ACK directly to the backend server.
>>>
>>> Is there a special method to rewrite the Contact header to be Kamailio's
>>> IP?
>>>
>>> Check record_route() in the default configuration script. You need to
>>> add a route set by using record_route() in the initial transaction.
>>>
>>> Cheers,
>>> /O
>>>

>>> Where is a good place in the config to do this?  (my config is loosely
>>> based on this:
>>> http://kb.asipto.com/asterisk:realtime:kamailio-4.0.x-asterisk-11.3.0-astdb
>>> )
>>>
>>> Thanks!
>>> Marc

> Carlos
> http://caruizdiaz.com
> http://ngvoice.com
> +595981146623

Marc Soda, Sr. Systems Engineer
*CoreDial, LLC* | www.coredial.com

1787 Sentry Parkway West, Building 16, Suite 100, Blue Bell, PA 19422
Office: (215) 297-4400 x203 | Fax: (215) 297-4401 | Email:
msoda at coredial.com

- - - - -

material. Any review, retransmission,  dissemination or other use of, or
computer.