[SR-Users] invalid xmlrpc response from pkg.stats?

Juha Heinanen jh at tutpro.com
Tue Mar 4 23:43:20 CET 2014

Daniel-Constantin Mierla writes:

> Perhaps the responses for xmlrpc have to be reviewed. I am not sure it
> can be fixed all in xmlrpc module or commands have to be reviewed as well.
>
> What comes in my mind now, for a solution in xmlrpc module, is to wrap
> always the data in the response in an array.
>
> Anyhow, everyone is welcome to contribute on properly formatting the
> response based on xmlrpc specs. The extension came via SER, so I am not
> sure who developed it initially.

i'm reading well written xmlrpc/README and it has this:

   If an RPC function adds more than one data items to the result set then
   the module will return an array containing all the data items:

   HTTP/1.0 200 OK
Via: SIP/2.0/TCP 127.0.0.1:2932
Server: Sip EXpress router (0.10.99-janakj_experimental (i386/linux))

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<methodResponse>
<params>
</params>
</methodResponse>

which is exactly how it should done.  however, in the case of pkg.stats
that does not happen, i.e., value is not an array.  i don't know where
the bug is.

-- juha