[SR-Users] installation siremis error

Waite, Hugh hugh.waite at acision.com
Mon Jun 30 12:02:33 CEST 2014

Hi,
I found this error as well when installing on Amazon Linux instances which provides php 5.5 by default (although I can downgrade to 5.3). The preg_replace function has been partly deprecated due to a security issue and a different method (using a callback) is now required.
This is a bug in the Smarty library and has been fixed in the latest version - I was able to simply replace everything in the openbiz/others/Smarty/libs directory with version 2.6.28 from http://www.smarty.net/download and this fixed the error.

Regards,
Hugh