[SR-Users] Setting up two Kamailio Proxies in Tandem

AliReza Khoshgoftar Monfared khoshgoftar at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 23:36:22 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am trying to build a simple architecture like this:

UAC <--> Proxy1 <--> Proxy2 <--> UAS

(each on a different VM)
Is it possible to have this architecture built without any "registrar"
module?

I have simulated my UAC and UAS using SIPp and the routing in Proxy1 and
Proxy2 is to forward to the next hop. for example in Proxy1, I have:

*route{        record_route();        if (loose_route()) {
route(FORWARD);                break;        }        if (uri ==
myself){                setdsturi("sip:__ADRESS_OF_PROXY2__");
                route(FORWARD);*

*                break;*

*        }        route(FORWARD);    }route[FORWARD]{        if
(!t_relay()) {                sl_reply_error();         }}*

I simulate packets in UAC in the following manner:

*sipp -sn uac -rsa __ADDRESS_OF_PROXY1__ __ADDRESS_OF_PROXY1__*

The problem is that my first proxy (Proxy1) is always returning "404 Not
Found" on any INVITE and never forwards to Proxy2, even though I have asked
it to do so in "if(uri==myself)".

Am I missing something in connecting the proxies in such a simple
architecture?