[SR-Users] kamailio + rtpengine: damaged media (Red Hat Linux)

Alexey Rybalko alexey.rybalko at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 16:52:35 CEST 2014

Hello to all!

I encountered strange issue with rtpengine: voice during a call is heard
like random binary data. (Video freezes during a video call). *It goes fine
during 2-3 seconds* before the media flow becomes glitched. It's related to
SRTP calls only (RTP-SRTP, SRTP-RTP, SRTP-SRTP). RTP calls through
mediaproxy are ok.

Used platform: Red Hat Linux 6.4, rtpengine (3.3.0 ?, latest form GitHub),
kamailio (4.2.0-dev6) + websocket module. I have successfully installed
(manually) mediaproxy daemon, Kamailio module, iptables library and kernel
module. Kernel module was loaded (lsmod lists it, there are file in
/proc/mediaproxy/0) and iptables were configured as expected.

Mediaproxy log looks fine except of a few suspicious messages "No support
for kernel packet forwarding available". I'm not sure they are related to
the mentioned problem but I would like to have working kernel support.
Attached example is for SIP-to-websocket call.

rtpengine confguration is:

*KERNEL=yes TABLE=0 FALLBACK=no  RTP_IP=10.xx.xx.xxLISTEN_NG=127.0.0.1:2223
<http://127.0.0.1:2223> *

That would be great if you make any suggestions/comments on this issue.
Need to mention that I haven't saw such problems on Debian Linux.

Couple of other questions:
- What does message "Call-ID to delete not found" means?
- "x_tables" is mentioned as required in the documentation for rtpengine
kernel module (xt_MEDIAPROXY). Seems to be for Debian only. Is it required
for other distros?

with best regards,
Alexey