[SR-Users] Branch feedback behaviour

Brandon Armstead brandon at cryy.com
Mon Jun 9 00:32:56 CEST 2014

Alex,

   I am not sure of your use case - but one common example I can think of
is a LRN service provided via 302 redirect.  What we do in this instance is
UAC -> Kamailio on this initial transaction we send the call directly to
the LRN service (not appending) any other branches and alter the original
state of ruri, we then set a special reply route that receives the LRN
information, caches it in a database so subsequent requests entirely avoid
this process for a period of time since its already cached.  We also set a
custom failure route that appends the new branch(s) upstream back to LCR /
PSTN using LRN information.  Now with this said - while the transaction is
in flight upstream, and a cancel from UAC is sent, simply flag the
transaction / response you receive back from upstream and drop it in the
reply.

Sincerely,
Brandon Armstead