[SR-Users] Branch feedback behaviour

Alex Balashov abalashov at evaristesys.com
Sun Jun 8 21:16:20 CEST 2014

Hello,

I've got a situation like this:

    UAC ---> (Kamailio)
                 ----------> 1. redirect server on branch 1
                 <---------- 2. 302 redirect
                 ----------> 3. ACK
                ----------------------------> UAC B

Problem is, if CANCEL comes in at the exact moment that the INVITE to
the redirect server (#1) is "in flight", i.e. has not returned a 302
yet, then the transaction gets cancelled and 302 is fed back to the
calling UAC.

Having the 302 fed back to the calling UAC in any circumstances is quite
undesirable. I just need to drop it. Problem is, in all other
situations, I need to use it--I consume it in a failure_route and create
new branches based on it.

What's the best way to accomplish this? I'm concerned that if I use a
global onreply_route to filter all 302s going back to callers, that will
prevent it from percolating down to the failure_route.

Suggestions appreciated, and thanks!

-- Alex

--
Alex Balashov - Principal