[SR-Users] Problem with MSRP AUTH

Muhammad Shahzad shaheryarkh at gmail.com
Fri Jun 6 10:50:46 CEST 2014

Hi,

I am trying to authentication MSRP connection using the example code of
msrp event route in module documentation here,

http://kamailio.org/docs/modules/4.1.x/modules/msrp.html#idp119248

  } else if ($msrp(method)=="AUTH") {
        if (!pv_www_authenticate("WEBRTC_SIP_REALM", "$var(passwd)", "0",
"$msrp(method)"))
        {
            if (auth_get_www_authenticate("WEBRTC_SIP_REALM", "0",
"$var(wauth)"))
            {
                xlog("L_INFO", "Generated www authenticate header for MSRP
is [$var(wauth)] \n");
                msrp_reply("401", "Unauthorized", "$var(wauth)");
            } else {
                msrp_reply("500", "Internal Server Error");
            };
            exit;
        };

However i see in logs following error message and authentication fails,

--
ERROR: auth [auth_mod.c:690]: pv_www_authenticate2(): failed to get method
value

Which is indicates that value of $msrp(method) is null. However, as you can
see in example code in URL provided above we have an IF condition which
explicitly checks $msrp(method) == "AUTH".

For the sake of testing i even replaced the variable with actual string
value, and still get the same error. So i am guessing it is a bug.

What do you guys suggest?

Kamailio: v4.1.3 (i386/linux) 236326
MSRP Lib: Crocodile MSRP - v1.0.0

Thank you.