[SR-Users] Obscuring SIP traffic and using with NoSIP

Daniel Tryba daniel at pocos.nl
Wed Jul 30 14:32:46 CEST 2014

On Wednesday 30 July 2014 06:37:31 Muhammad Shahzad wrote:
> Humm, no reply so far, may be because my email was very long and no body
> bothered to read it all. Anyways, here is the shorter more direct version
> of it.

I read it all and my only though was: use a VPN.

If someone wants to stop SIP, it has an easy to spot pattern.
If someone wants to stop VPN, they will drop every non clear connection which
doesn't match a known non-VPN pattern.

If I was afraid of my telco listening in on my SIP dialogs, I'd also want to
encrypt RTP. Which is much more resource intensive than encrypting a few SIP
messages. So if you think standard tls is to intensive you'll also have to
create some custom lightweight rtp mangling.