[SR-Users] Obscuring SIP traffic and using with NoSIP

Muhammad Shahzad shaheryarkh at gmail.com
Wed Jul 30 06:37:31 CEST 2014

Humm, no reply so far, may be because my email was very long and no body
bothered to read it all. Anyways, here is the shorter more direct version
of it. (including kamailio dev list, since question is rather technical).

Is it possible to implement a custom SIP transport in Kamailio script file
i.e. kamailio.cfg. The purpose is to allow experimentation with custom
encryption algorithms such as this,

https://github.com/mshary/itv

What we need is a couple of functions, one to receive incoming raw /
encrypted data received on SIP socket, which then can be parsed / decrypted
in kamailio.cfg (using e.g. LUA or PERL language modules etc.) and
afterwords feed to kamailio for usual processing (as if it was normal /
plain-text sip data received on sip socket). The second function to do the
opposite, it receives the normal / plain-text sip data that is ready to be
sent out from kamailio's core, encrypts it and then send it out to actual
destination.

In case above is not possible. Can i do it in kamailio's native code? Any
hooks / example code for reference?

Many thanks and kind regards for your help.